Success Story | Central Bank of Kenya
Central Bank of Kenya’s (CBK) core banking system had backlog of issues impeding efficient banking operation and service delivery. Its existing operations on T24 has not been stable and CBK management was losing confidence in T24 as the best-fit for its operations due to several failures by other organizations to help in its stabilization efforts.
JETHRO, Temenos service partner was contracted to provide on-site support and stabilization of the system. Services delivered by the team include:
- Resolved over a hundred outstanding support issues.
- Addressed all historical issues that resulted from local developments
- Knowledge transfer through working with the Bank’s IT Team
- worked with Temenos to improve turnaround time on issues.
- COB and EOM management and support
- Channels Support
- T24 Securities Module processes flow review and identification of failure points and bottlenecks.
- Reviewed T24-RTGS, T24-SWIFT & T24-Oracle ERP interface processes and optimized for improved processing.
- And more.
- Stabilization of the bank’s Temenos T24 implementation within 6 months of starting the engagement.
- Temenos System availability went from 50% to over 90%
- Restored bank management’s confidence in the Temenos System as fit for purpose, and convinced to upgrade to the next release of which the process has started.
- Secured further extension after an initial engagement due to the quality of the services and success of the JETHRO team.
- Effective collaboration.
- System Analysis and requirement identification.
- Provision of fixes and functional testing.
- Knowledge Transfer to bank IT teams.